Saturday, December 15, 2012

Señor Loro's Holiday Fandango Christmas y Hanukkah Special




Hola, Mis Amigos! ... Hello, My Friends!

YYYYyyyy  welcome to the third season of LosTiteres.TV! ... I don't even know what that means -- except that we've cranked out something like 48 shows already! Thank you... Now, I wish we were on TV. But we're making huge strides!


This year someone in Hollywood that Conchita knows said they'd "look at it". In Hollywood-speak, it means that they will be so enamoured by the project and all that we've done on the web, that they'll pull out giant wads of American dollars and give it to us to produce our show!


Of course, there is also the cynical opposite view. Mortimer Weasel, cynic that he is told me, "I"ll look at it" means "Up yours. Get lost!" But I refuse to believe that.


I'm an immigrant! I made a journey all the way from Cuba to the United States on a small styrofoam cup ship I cobbled together out of twigs and used my own feces as a gluing agent.


I didn't fly because my wings were tired. Which is the first thing I said when I did stand up for the first time on South Beach when I arrived: "I just flew here from Cuba, escaping clutches of an evil dictator, and boy are my wings tired." And for some strange reason, Manolito, who plays the drums, musically said: "Pa Dump-Pump, Chhhh!"


Okay, so HAPPY HOLIDAYS to Everyone! ... Yes!


Ah, the holidays... A time when you have to buy things for people to prove that you love them. Since titeres are generally not very wealthy, we usually give simple stuff. I recite poems and sometimes give colorings from my Crank Yankers coloring book.


We recently, once again, worked as Santa's Little Helpers at The Huntington Library this year... I don't know how those elves do it! We almost melted, literally. If it wasn't for Santa's magic, we'd be puddles of plastic on the floor!


Pero bueno, I will not be flying to Cuba this year to see the family. Sadly, I have to stay in Hollywood and work.


I thought I had it bad having to give up seeing the folks, and then I realized -- there are people out there who don't even have jobs. I need to be more grateful to have one, even if I'm only paid in seeds. And so I was thankful.


But then the Fandango puppets walked up in the middle of the stage, and I was outraged at how difficult my job just got!


Not only were they unemployed and soliciting work -- but who let them into the studio.


We recently hired some chick named Mary Juana as our Security Guard, but she spends a lot of time eating brownies and much less actually guarding the gate.


How could she not see a slew of paper bags just walk past the gate into the studio? She later said she thought they were just being blown in by the wind.


With so much unemployment in 2012, my heart softened, and it's all embarrassingly in this video we're posting, called HOLIDAY FANDANGO.


We hope you're safe and happy this Christmas, and gracias to the Mayans and their prediction, that you have a lovely end of the world!


May it be explosive, and most importantly full of love!


Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año y Felicidad!


Señor Loro

Commander-in-Chief at LosTiteres.TV
A TV show con Latino Puppets, which is only on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you SPAM us, we will send puppet robots to get YOU!